Sunday, July 15, 2012

After a nice weekend in QwaQwa, we arrived safely in Bloemfontein to spend the remainder of the conference on the main campus. While traveling back, we visited the Basotho Cultural Village. We were able to see first hand how some of the native groups live and function as a community. We also tried some interesting foods and drinks like homemade beer, a sweet porridge, and a corn meal mixture. We eventually left the village and quickly stopped to visit a small town called Clarens that had nice shops and eateries.
-Kate

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed spending time in the Qua Qua campus, even though it was freezing I was able to interact with students from both campus much more in a much less educational environment. I was very happy to learn a new game called Coco. It was difficult at first to even get the gist of it but once I started to play the game it was really fun !

    I loved Clarens I wished we could have expired the community and buy some stuff, nonetheless the food was good as well as the service.


    -Emmy

    ReplyDelete